Subject: Slightly off-topic memory question
From: David Roth <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 02 Aug 1995 11:05:00 GMT-3

Windows NT is a memory hog, right? We all know that and I believe it on this
list that I saw it takes up 12 megs for itself. That's why we're all buying
32 meg Pentiums.

Well I did the same, but when I go to Windows NT Diagnostics right after
booting and look at avaiable physical memory, it tells me I only have about
11 megs left. If I remember correctly, 32 - 12 = 20. So where did those 9
megs go to?

Any ideas?

On a related NT topic. How does one defragment a ntfs formated partition?

All help appreciated.

David.

---   +----------------------------+-----------------------------------+
---   |         David Roth         |  E-mail: [email-masked]  |
---   |        VideoGraphics       |  Voice/Fax/Data: 55-71-336-5871   |
---   |  Tecnologia em Multimidia  |     Salvador, Bahia, Brazil       |
---   +----------------------------+-----------------------------------+

 * AmyBW v2.11 *
--- Blue Wave/RA
--
David Roth <[email-masked]> sent this message.
To Post a Message           : [email-masked]
Un/Subscription Requests To : [email-masked]
(DIGEST)                 or : [email-masked]
Administrative Items To     : [email-masked]